Welsh Food brings you the news and information from Food & Drink producers in Wales including the latest information on Welsh food festivals, new food trends, the True Taste Wales Awards, Welsh restaurants and much more.
Click here for a full list of Welsh food news or browse the latest headlines below.
Latest Welsh Food News
- Monmouthshire Food Festival Caldicot CastleAt Monmouthshire Food Festival the summer starts here in the historic surroundings of Caldicot Castle and Country Park with a packed programme of demonstrations, talks, tastings and lots of foodie fun for our younger visitors.
- Arvon Ale House Art ExhibitionsThe award-winning Arvon Ale House in Llandrindod Wells is the first micropub in Mid Wales. They offer customers five guest ales and eight perry and cider’s to choose from, with new choices arriving every day. As well as a great atmosphere and wonderul beers, they are also big supporters of local community events which include regular exhibitions of local artists work. Last month they featured work by Karen Rowlands, and are currently featuring a series of work by local landscape painter Mike Shiels. Many of the paintings on display feature local landscapes in Mid Wales including the Elan Valley near Rhayader, the Llandrindod Wells area, Brecon Beacons and more. You can see a sample of some of the work on display on Mike’s own website: recent landscape paintings. Arvon Ale House, Real Ale and Cider Pub, Temple St, Llandrindod Wells, Wales LD1 5DL Telephone: 07477 627267 Facebook page: https://www.facebook.com/arvonalehouse/ Mike Shiels Paintings: www.mikeshiels.co.uk Mike Shiels Facebook page: https://www.facebook.com/MikeShielsArtist/
- ‘Peas Please’ initiative calls for action on vegetables as lack of supply negatively affect the nation’s healthThe Food Foundation, Nourish Scotland and WWF are working alongside organisations in Wales to make it easier for us all to eat more veg. Peas Please is bringing together retailers, food producers and manufacturers, catering companies, restaurants, tourist attractions, public bodies, Councils, the NHS and Government representatives to launch an initiative to put more tasty veg on our plates.
- Monmouthshire Food Festival Caldicot Castle 8th – 9th October 2016The Monmouthshire Food Festival comes to you at the time of autumn plenty with a full programme of demonstrations, talks, tastings and lots of food and drink to try and buy.
- Spending cuts E. coli warning from Wales Audit OfficeThe Wales Audit Office has warned that cuts to public spending could mean councils will struggle to deal with future outbreaks of E. coli food poisoning. They say environmental health services are reaching a ‘tipping point’ and councils would find outbreaks hard to manage. The report says there would be a ‘risk to the health and well-being of all those living and visiting Wales’.
- Possible laverbread link to recent salmonella outbreakIt has been revealed that 10 out of 12 adults recently affected by salmonella in the Carmarthenshire, Swanseaand Neath Port Talbot areas had eaten laverbread shortly before falling ill.