Latest Welsh food and drink industry news, information and events for Welsh producers and consumers.
Click here for a full list of Welsh Food Industry News or browse the latest headlines below.
Latest food industry news from Wales
- Monmouthshire Food Festival Caldicot CastleAt Monmouthshire Food Festival the summer starts here in the historic surroundings of Caldicot Castle and Country Park with a packed programme of demonstrations, talks, tastings and lots of foodie fun for our younger visitors.
- Arvon Ale House Art ExhibitionsThe award-winning Arvon Ale House in Llandrindod Wells is the first micropub in Mid Wales. They offer customers five guest ales and eight perry and cider’s to choose from, with new choices arriving every day. As well as a great atmosphere and wonderul beers, they are also big supporters of local community events which include regular exhibitions of local artists work. Last month they featured work by Karen Rowlands, and are currently featuring a series of work by local landscape painter Mike Shiels. Many of the paintings on display feature local landscapes in Mid Wales including the Elan Valley near Rhayader, the Llandrindod Wells area, Brecon Beacons and more. You can see a sample of some of the work on display on Mike’s own website: recent landscape paintings. Arvon Ale House, Real Ale and Cider Pub, Temple St, Llandrindod Wells, Wales LD1 5DL Telephone: 07477 627267 Facebook page: https://www.facebook.com/arvonalehouse/ Mike Shiels Paintings: www.mikeshiels.co.uk Mike Shiels Facebook page: https://www.facebook.com/MikeShielsArtist/
- Food & Beverage Associate required – Coldra Court Hotel, NewportNewport – We are looking for an experienced Food & Beverage Associate to work at The Rib Smokehouse and Grill restaurant based in the Coldra Court Hotel. At The Rib restaurant, we like to keep our dishes fresh and simple with relaxed Smokehouse dining experience, using the very best local and seasonal ingredients. As an experienced Waiter/Waitress, you will have just what it takes to impress our guests with your exceptional customer service, sparkling personalist and good levels or spoken and written… of exceptional world-class facilities that make up the exclusive Celtic Manor Collection. The resort’s four unique and individual hotels include the 19 th century Manor House, idyllic Newbridge on Usk country inn, new Coldra Court Hotel, the latest addition to the Celtic Manor Collection, and the five star Resort Hotel with its luxurious new Signature Collection of rooms and suites. In addition, ten sumptuous Hunter Lodges and a traditional Welsh farmhouse and barn offer luxurious self-catering… – Permanent – Full-time
- Live in Kitchen Assistant required for luxury Welsh hotelLlangammarch Wells, Powys – luxury Welsh hotel looking for an enthusiastic person keen to pursue a career in chefing. This live in position involves assisting the chef team with food preparation, Kitchen Portering and some kitchen cleaning and will enable the candidate to learn new culinary skills in a busy kitchen.
- Chef de Partie/Junior Sous Chef wanted – Munch of MumblesSwansea – bistro. A small but exquisite award winning restaurant with a passion for food, sourcing fresh local ingredients to produce excellent dishes, in a relaxed atmosphere are looking for a hard working Chef de Partie to work on all sections within the kitchen, with a passion for the industry and an up to date knowledge of current market trends. Everything is freshly made on site under the direction of the Head Chef/Proprietor. Establishment: Modern… – Permanent – Part-time.
- Trainee Distiller required – The Welsh Whisky Company LimitedThe Welsh Whisky Company Limited – Aberdare, Rhondda Cynon Taff Assisting with overseeing, and gathering data from, various production trials Assisting with the management of the operations staff Ensuring that all relevant HMRC, H&S, company and food safety regulations are complied with There may also be elements of Brand Ambassador work required Science-related degree/food science degree (or similar) required. Working hours are 40 per week, typically 9am to 5pm Monday to Friday, but with a significant degree of flexibility allowing for operational… – Permanent – Full-time